Kansas City, KS
Salary: $20.00 to $24.00 /hour
- This position will be responsible for reporting to and receiving direction from the Yard Manager. The position will ensure the company goals and objectives are achieved, including safety, productivity, quality control, and customer service. The main time commitment involves safe and efficient operation of the wire shredding (recycling) portion of our process, which comprises operating an excavator with attachment to introduce loose cable, in a strategic and metered amount, into shredder for processing.
- Operating excavator to in load wire shredder.
- Perform routine maintenance on shredder including blade change and clean outs.
- Maintain a clean and safe work area.
- Attend safety meetings and promote safe behavior throughout the company.
- Meet established yard production goals, i.e. sorting, loading, shredding, cost/lbs., etc.
- Maintain superior quality control of finished product.
- Attend all scheduled corporate training and meetings.
- Maintain all equipment, i.e. excavators, shredders, forklifts, bobcats, etc.
- All other duties as assigned.
- Manufacturing knowledge
- Excavator, forklift and/or skid steer loader proficiency and safe operations
- Mechanical aptitude
Ability to understand and follow safety procedures and policies
- Ability to adapt to changing situations
- Ability to work well under pressure with demands and deadlines.
- Communication skills
- Excellent presence and work ethic
- Ability to identify and properly sort all Ferrous and Non Ferrous material.
Working conditions are normal for a heavy industrial manufacturing environment. Exposure may involve lifting of materials and product up to 50 pounds. Working in this environment requires the use of safety equipment to include but not limited to; eye safety glasses, safety vest, hearing protectors, and steel toed work boots, with metal sole liners. As in most manufacturing jobs, the environment can be loud/noisy and dusty. Subject to regular bending, twisting, reaching, working overhead, and working above ground and/or on irregular surfaces.