Kansas City, KS
Salary: $22.00 to $28.00 /hour
Responsible for working with the operations manager in the support of all rolling equipment, production equipment, and building maintenance. Position will perform preventative and corrective maintenance, troubleshooting, and repairs of mechanical equipment and systems in our recycling facility.
Responsibilities include, not limited to:
- Maintaining and repairing rolling & mechanical equipment.
- Welding and fabrication
- Operating cranes, loaders and forklifts
- Maintaining written programs
- Documentation of maintenance schedules
- Documentation of work performed;
- Participate in special plant projects.
- Anticipate the shop needs
- This position may be required to perform stand-by duties
- Other duties as assigned
- Engine technician
- Mechanical systems, i.e. gearboxes, gears, chains, sprockets,
- Lubrication & lubrication systems
- Mechanical aptitude
- Journey-level experience
- Willing cooperative attitude
- Team player
- Ability to work in both inside and outside environmental conditions
- Troubleshooting skills
- Oral communication skills
- Knowledge of all safety practices related to the industry
- Organizational skills
- Valid driver’s license
- Current MVR
Working conditions are normal for a heavy industrial manufacturing environment. Exposure may involve lifting of materials and product up to 50 pounds. Working in this environment requires the use of safety equipment to include but not limited to; eye safety glasses, safety vest, hearing protectors, and steel toed work boots, with metal sole liners. As in most manufacturing jobs, the environment can be loud/noisy and dusty. Subject to regular bending, twisting, reaching, working overhead, working above ground and/or on irregular surfaces.
Job Type: Full-time