It is near the end of the week, and closing in on the end of a cold and snowy January. I don’t know about you, but I could use a good laugh or two.
Most business owners and leaders have heard some pretty good excuses for missing work. Kind of the adult version of “The dog ate my homework.”
Of course, there really are legitimate reasons for missing work, but sometimes, well, let’s say you have to wonder. Back in 2016 Career Builder complied a list of some of the craziest excuses. I thought I would share a few of them with you this week.
- The employee said the ozone in the air flattened his tire
- The employees pressure cooker had exploded and scared her sister, so she had to stay home.
- The employee had to attend the funeral for his wife’s cousin’s pet, because he was both an uncle and a pallbearer
- The employee was locked in by the police raiding her home
- The employee had to testify against a drug dealer and the dealer’s friend mugged him
- Employee said her roots were showing and she had to keep her hair appointment because she looked like a mess.
- The employee ate cat food instead of tuna and was now deathly ill
- The employee said she wasn’t sick, but her llama was
- The employee had used hair remover under her arms and had a chemical burn as a result. She was now unable to put her arms down to her side until it healed
- The employee was bowling the game of his life and couldn’t make it to work.
I don’t know about you, but the sick llama was my favorite!! What unique excuses have you heard? Feel free to let us know in the comments below.